Friday, January 1, 2016

First Book of 2016 Take Me With You by Catherine Ryan Hyde



I am participating in the First Book of 2016, hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. The reason I chose this book is that it is our January read for my face to face book club, Page Turners.  Since we picked this title I have seen it and a few other of the authors titles around the blogosphere.


 It is Take Me With You by Catherine Ryan Hyde.


from the back of the book:

" Burned-out teacher August Shroeder has been sober since his nineteen-year-old son died. Every year he's spent the summer on the road, but making it to Yellowstone this year means everything. The plan had been to travel there with his son, but now August is making the trip with Phillip's ashes instead. An unexpected twist of fate lands August with extra passengers for his journey: two half-orphans with nowhere else to go.
What none of them knows is how transformative the trip - and the bonds that develop between them- will prove, driving each to create a new destiny together."


I think one of the reasons we decided to read this, is the setting on the way to Yellowstone, ( we live in Wyoming) and also the fact that most of the Page Turners are or were teachers!


Wishing you all a Happy New Year. I sincerely hope your new year is filled with blessings, good health and happiness.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy


4 comments:

  1. I hope you're enjoying the book. Sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, enjoy your choice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this author a lot, but have not read this one. I like your pic Judy.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of this author and look forward to this book.

    ReplyDelete