Sunday, December 13, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 12/14/15



Kathryn of Book Date is the current host of It's Monday! What Are You Reading?  Share what you are reading this week or hope to start and then link up with the rest of us at Book Date.

This week I am plodding along reading Emma by Jane Austen. I joined a Read Along hoping that reading with others would entice me to read this much loved and talked about book. It is still slow going for me. I never read it as a teenager, I took American Literature in high school and I did not go to college. So this is my first exposure to Jane Austen. I really want to enjoy this book, but it is difficult to read. Any thoughts?
I even bought the 200th Anniversary annotated edition. I did find the reading of the introduction by Juliette Wells and the tips for reading Emma did give me some insight. I also appreciate the glossary and the list of unusual spellings.

I also want to start on Every Last One by Anna Quindlen. Lots of you liked this one.



Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

4 comments:

  1. No hints for Emma I am afraid! I haven't read Anna Q yet but want to read her reading one and have another on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard great things about Every Last One, hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized a while ago that I hadn't read Emma...I need to add this one to my shelves. I loved Quindlen's Every Last One...and sadly, my copy went out the door when I was purging. I'm not sure how that happened! Sigh.

    Enjoy...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to re-read Jane Austen's novels soonest! :)

    ReplyDelete