Tuesday, December 22, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - 12/22/15



This isn't the last Tuesday of the year to share a first paragraph but almost! Today I want to share the first paragraph of the first chapter of a book I hope to read very soon.  I bought this book for my Kindle in December 2013.


Across the Miles
Jill Buck
December 20th 2013
Kindle 


Chapter 1

              Emily and Julia stood outside the over packed car. Everything Emily currently owned was stuffed inside the station wagon. The beginning layers had been neat and orderly and then later items had been stuffed in wherever a spot could be found. It had felt like an impossible task, but now it was done. On the front seat were Emily's packed bag, some snacks and a bunch of CD's, some of music and others of novels, for her to listen to while traveling. It was like she was ready for a summer vacation, except they both knew this was no summer vacation but something a lot bigger.


So am I the only one who buys books and then doesn't read them for two or more years?  I am guessing we all suffer from this dilemma. Would you continue with this one? I am intrigued now that I have reread the first paragraph.

Share the first paragraph of a book you are reading or maybe will read soon. Then link up with Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea.  It's a chance to check out the first chapter and the first paragraph of a lot of titles you might not have considered.



Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




7 comments:

  1. Sounds like it would be a good read. Merry Christmas! Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, yes! I can't tell you the number of books that have been marinating on my shelves for years.

    This sounds like an interesting book. I wonder where Emily is going. What is she leaving behind? I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I do have some books I bought a while ago...most of the really OLD ones have been read by now, but when I started blogging, I had some five-year-old books on my TBR!

    I love the cover of this book and I'm curious about the trip and why they're going. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “NOVEMBER 9”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, It does sound interesting. The cover would have kept me from buying it. Isn't that ridiculous? I'm definitely a buy the book for it's cover kind of person. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have more unread, older books than I dare to count...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are not the only one! I would continue reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are definitely not the only one! I'm sure that's one of the reasons James (James Reads Books) hosts the Triple Dog Dare in which we only read what we've bought until April. Or, beyond of course. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete