Tuesday, December 15, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros Dec 15th Every Fifteen Minutes


First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros is a place to share the beginning of a book you are reading or one you hope to read in the near future. Write a post and then link up with the rest of us at Diane's blog, Bibliophile By the Sea.


Every Fifteen Minutes
Lisa Scottoline
St Martin's Press 2015


  I'm a sociopath. I look normal, but I'm not. I'm smarter, better, and freer, because I'm not bound by rules, law, emotion, or regard for you.
    I can read you almost immediately, get your number right away, and push your buttons to make you do whatever I want. I don't really like you, but I'm so good at acting as if I do that it's basically the same thing. To you.
  I fool you.
  I fool everybody.


What do you think? Would you read on? Have you already read this one?  There is a quote in the front of the book that got me thinking.

              Unexpressed emotions will never die.
              They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.
                  --  Sigmund Freud

I haven't started this book yet, but I have a hunch that the first two paragraphs and the Freud quote are connected.



7 comments:

  1. Whoa - those two paragraphs got my attention! I want to keep reading and yet I don't. The Freud comment will make me think. I wonder how true it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great opening. Ever since I heard Lisa Scottoline speak at a Miami Book Fair presentation, I've collected her books. This one is on my list.
    My Tuesday post features THE JOURNEY BACK – A Doublesight Story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this book...but I will read anything by Scottoline, as her books are always fascinating and page-turners, IMO. Hope you love it! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a good author. I really like this opening. She has street smarts. Will she land in trouble, or will someone else land in trouble? She would make me feel a little bit uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read it and liked it! One of my go to authors.

    ReplyDelete