Thursday, December 31, 2015

Best or not so good of 2015 - Books and other things

Last year I started a Good Things Jar with the thought to jot down good things that happened all year long and then read them either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. I thought I had taken a picture of the jar, but I cannot find it. This is what it looks like now.


It is pretty empty!




Unfortunately, I did not stay with it. So in addition to lots of other things in my life in 2015, it was a fail.  I don't expect anyone to read or comment on this post. It is mostly just for myself. It seems I get very few views unless I have linked to a meme on someone else's blog. I am not sure how to change that, but one of my New Year's resolutions is to learn more about blogging.  I may try to find a local class, or find one online. I saw one on Wordpress, but I use Blogger.

I managed to meet and slightly exceed my Goodreads goal to read 60 books in 2015. I finished 64 books. So here are some of my favorites from 2015:









There were lots more, of the 64 books I read, 29 got 5 stars. I am either not very discerning or I had a great year picking awesome books! I must admit, I like most books that I read.

I did finish 4 of the 6 challenges that my quilt group hosted.
My DIL graduation quilt. 
Scrap Crazy Stonehenge quilt that was gifted to my brother. 
Stitching and beading are done for a Wallhanging. 


And the spool quilt top is done. 
Challenge 6 due on Jan 17th is the applique borders for this quilt. Unfortunately, my sewing mojo has disappeared recently along with my reading mojo.  My daughter suggested to do "something different, like coloring", she said. 

The other quilt related challenge that I did not complete was the pieced and stitched ( embroidered) borders for a quilt called Snow Flurries. 

The borders were paper pieced and the designs are drawn or traced. But I only finished 2 of the borders instead of the necessary four. 
Sorry for the blurry picture. My phone camera is not very good. 


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't finish Everything I didn't Tell You, I should give it a try again.

    You should try again with the jar, it may just become a happy part of life instead of something you forget about.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am going to do it again. It's like anything else, it has to become a habit. Maybe a more prominent place this time, instead of our bedroom. Be accountable! :)

      Delete
  2. I like your idea with the jar. I may try that myself. I also love both your book list and your fabric list. I've only read All the Light We Cannot See. It was excellent. I can't sew much any more so I always enjoy seeing what you are doing. Great year for you - I think. I hope 2016 is another good one for you. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read Everything I Never Told You this year. It's one of those books that fell through the cracks for me.

    Your quilts are beautiful! I'm so impressed by crafty people. :)

    ReplyDelete