Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wondrous Words Wednesday 11-25-15


Kathy at BermudaOnion's Weblog hosts this meme every Wednesday. Share a post of words you encountered in reading or listening and then link up at Kathy's Blog. It's easy and fun.


No new words for me this week while reading so I again go to my Word of the Day emails from Merriam Webster.

Saturday's word was fulsome.  I can't ever see this word and not think of Johnny Cash and his Folsom Prison Blues song from 1955.  OK , now you can guess how really old I am!  But fulsome, spelled this way means:

1. a.  characterized by abundance, copious
    b.  generous in amount, intent or spirit
2.  aesthetically, morally or generally offensive
3. exceeding the bounds of good taste, overdone
4. excessively complementary or flattering, effusive

Using some of the definitions:    I believe that we will experience a table fulsome with food tomorrow. And I expect fulsome praise for my gluten free brownies.


Did you find any wondrous words this week.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy






ps: If you are celebrating Thanksgiving, have a Happy one. And if not, enjoy your day tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. Excellent word for today, Judy, and I'm sure your brownies will be a hit!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea fulsome was anything but a Johnny Cash sone. I like the way you used the word in your two sentences. I think I can manage that. I hope you have a great turkey day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a new one on me but it's a word I can see myself incorporating into everyday vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete