Saturday, November 28, 2015

Weekend Cooking Thanksgiving 2015

I normally don't participate in this weekly meme. I cook mostly simple, tried and try dishes. No special ingredients, no special utensils, just 50 years of doing. This Thanksgiving our granddaughter and her husband and 2 yr old son were with us. She is dairy free and gluten free and now newly pregnant again.

This year I tried a recipe I saw on Facebook. An apple cider mimosa. It was posted from Delish.com. The video is here.  The recipe called for cinnamon and sugar with no proportions. I just spooned a teaspoon of each in a saucer. Next time I would cut back  on the cinnamon or blend it better. I used ginger ale in place of the champagne, because our DGD is pregnant. It was really yummy. And easy peasy!



Did you create something different this year for your Thanksgiving?  Did you rely on a tried and try recipe that never fails?  Share a post and link up with Beth Fish Reads.



Stay Busy and Stay Happy

5 comments:

  1. First, Weekend Cooking is not all about fancy. Many of us post simple dishes that are perfect for everyday meals.

    Second, I love the sound of this drink. And I especially like that it tastes great without the booze. Perfect for the younger crowd and anyone else who wants to avoid alcohol.

    Thanks for participating, and happy holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've discovered that cinnamon can be a bit overpowering raw in a drink too! Cheers from Carole's Chatter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. It looks quite simple and beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a nice, different drink that I'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a nice alternative for people who can't tolerate citrus.

    ReplyDelete