Saturday, November 7, 2015

Saturday Snapshots more quilt projects




Last week I showed some of the projects that my friends worked on at our retreat a few weeks ago. This is a pillow top I finished using a free pattern called Scattered Squares. It uses 2.5 inch squares usually sold together in units called Mini Charms. These reds were an exchange with one of the guild members. I haven't quilted it yet, but will do it with perle cotton in a diagonal big stitch.


One of our other members made Scattered Squares too. This one in peach and greens was really lovely.

And this one using batiks in shade of blue, aqua and pink



This quilt is made from a printed panel. That is the part with the pumpkin, cat and angel. Then the borders and squares are added around the side and bottom. There will be a larger border in shade of purple around all four sides. The pattern is called Sidelights and I bought the kit while we were in Phoenix in for Christmas 2011. It was from a shop in Chandler AZ and I cannot remember the name of it. I really must start a travel journal, my memory is getting so bad.


Finally is a quilt top pieced of homespun plaids from a pattern called Smokey Mountain Star. It is a free pattern at Bonnie Hunter's blog, Quiltville's Quips and Snips.  It is really amazing and what a great use of scraps.


Next week I will feature the rest of the amazing projects we finished, then I will not bore you again til next year.

Check out the snapshots of others at Melinda's blog, West Metro Mommy Reads. There are a few rules, but they are simple.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy

18 comments:

  1. I love these quilts. I have one quilt I've been working on for many, many years (eight? ten? twelve?) that I hope to finish this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have been working on UFOs ( unfinished objects). It's nice to finally see the results.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful works of art and NOT boring. I'm going to look up the instructions for the Smoky Mountain Star block, as well as the Scattered Squares. I'd like to try both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find some thing that you like at either Bonnie Hunter's site or Moda Bake Shop site.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful quilts! I love them all, but my favorite is the fourth one down. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am looking forward to finishing that one.

      Delete
  4. That is fun. I have always wanted to learn how to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great therapy. Someday you'll have to give it a try.

      Delete
  5. Lovely. I really like the stars and the variety of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a favorite of mine too. And it is really stunning "in person".

      Delete
  6. Such lovely creations. Very creative minds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 13 friends in my group are very accomplished and very creative. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. So many lovely groupings. I like the stars but my fav is the panel set.
    I agree with you - I need to start keeping better notes on my travels. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post Judy. I really wish you would "bore" us more often with your quilt pictures. They are so beautiful. In particular, I love the Scattered Squares in red. The borders tied it together nicely. I also like the Smokey Mountain Star and all the various blues, including the plaids. That's outstanding. I really mean it: thanks so much for sharing, or as you say it, boring us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete