Monday, November 23, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? SSDD or SBDD !!


It's Monday again!  Where did the week go?  Time to post about what you are reading and link up with the rest of us at Book Date. Thanks Kathryn for hosting this weekly meme.

This week is almost a repeat from last week. I did finish Second Time Around by Beth Kendrick. My Goodreads review is here.

So that means I am now reading:
Ever After by Karen Kingsbury.

 I had hoped to be finished with this library book, but not quite. Seems as I crawl into bed at night and pick up my book I can only get about a chapter read and I fall asleep.

The holiday week is here and I will be prepping for cooking on Thursday. I have a cranberry salad recipe that has been our family holiday tradition for the 51 years we have been married. Mr Busy doesn't think it is Thanksgiving or Christmas without it. It is a bit labor intensive. Grind berries, set to sweeten, make jello,set to thicken, whip real cream, fold and then refrigerate. It is yummy though. That in addition to other baking and prep work, I probably won't get much extra reading in.

I hope to start Mr Miracle soon.
Sound like last week, huh.  Hence my blog title...SSDD ( same stuff different day) or more appropriately SBDD ( same book different day)  Ah, well!!!



Stay Busy and Stay Happy

6 comments:

  1. At this time of year, I think we are lucky to finish pages, chapters...much less entire books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed a Beth Kendrick book at our library a couple of days ago, it was on the new book shelf so not available yet but must organise to read it as I haven't tried her before. All the best for reading this week, as another retiree commented to me on my post, being retired doesn't mean you aren't busy! Totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love Debbie Macomber's Christmas novels. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cranberry salad sounds delicious! Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the SBDD lol. Pretty wonderful to have a cranberry salad on the menu for 51 years ... it must be good. Happy Thanksgiving and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ENJOY.....Happy Reading Week.

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete