Sunday, November 1, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Round House, First Frost, Second Time Around, Landline!!




It's Monday is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. Share what's on your schedule for the coming week and link up at Book Date. Kathryn took over hosting this "favorite of mine" meme after Sheila at Book Journey made the decision to pass it on. Thanks Kathryn. Hope you keep checking in on Sheila at Book Journey too.


This is my current read:
I am enjoying it a great deal.
The writing is very descriptive and I feel like I am right there with Joe and his dad and friends on the reservation in North Dakota.


I am anxious to get to First Frost and find out how the Waverleys of North Carolina are doing. I so enjoyed their story in Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen.


This Beth Kendrick novel is living in the bag in my car right now. I hope to have a chance to read a few pages this week as we run errands. If that doesn't happen I will bring it into the house as soon as I have finished First Frost

I also have Landline by Rainbow Rowell from the library, so I want to read that one too. I wanted to read Eleanor and Park by Ms. Rowell too, but is was not available at my library. 


Looks like my week ahead has some serious reading time scheduled. I also have some valances for my sewing room to finish and more stitching to do toward my non-reading challenge with my quilting group. 


Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy



21 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about First Frost so hope you enjoy that one Judy. The Round House sounds fabulous so I'm off to check that out as it's not a book I'd heard of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find it......it is getting even better. I probably will finish it tonight.

      Delete
  2. I've heard so much about The Round House that I need to find this asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are enjoying The Round House, I sure did. Sorry Eleanor and Park is not available as it so good. Hope you have plenty of sewing and reading time this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have put Eleanor and Park on hold, so I will have it soon. Three weeks tops I think.

      Delete
  4. The Round House sounds great, might just check it out. I loved First Frost so hope you do too, sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am anxious to start on First Frost...possible tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. I'd like to read Round House, too, but have Erdrich's The Plague of Doves on my shelf to read first. Sorry your library does not have Eleanor and Park... I listened tot hat one and it was very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on reading more of Erdrich, so thanks for the mention of The Plague of Doves. My library has a copy of Eleanor and Park, it is just checked out to someone else at present. I have it on hold.

      Delete
  6. A lot of women in my book club read The Round House and enjoyed it. We actually won it in a contest and passed it around along with nine other books. I still haven't read it, but plan to some day. :)

    ENJOY your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. The Round House is our November book club read. I am sure there will be a lively discussion.

      Delete
  7. Sarah Allen's is a continuation. Didn't know. I did enjoy Garden Spells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least it is more about the Waverleys. I am not sure if it is a continuation or just more of their story. I am anxious to find out, because I too enjoyed Garden Spells.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog. Look forward to seeing what you think of Beth Kendrick book as I have that on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to have it finished and reviewed in the next couple of weeks.

      Delete
  9. I have read one or two books by Louise Erdrich and have been curious about The Round House. I also want to read First Frost. Love that cover!

    Landline was fun...hope you enjoy your reads, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Laurel-Rain. I am looking forward to both First Frost and Landline.

      Delete
  10. I will need to revisit the Waverleys. I enjoyed Garden Spells.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked First Frost, Garden Spells was a favourite. Eleanor & Park was so good, my first Rainbow Rowell read, and I've been meaning to read Landline since. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete