Monday, November 9, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 11-8-15


This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are! So, join us in sharing what you are reading or hope to read this week.

On my nightstand: 


Just started this one last night. I am pretty invested in it. Not so sure I like all the characters yet. Wondering if I will like Neal McCool ever?  Seems to me he has already checked out of his marriage. And what's with the youngest daughter? "Meow"?  OK, I'm being a bit judgmental, which really isn't like me. I'm only at chapter 5, so I guess I had better "chill" and just read. 

In the car: 
Still working on this one. The print book resides in the car, so I have something to grab while waiting for Mr Busy to walk the dog, or run into Home Depot or one of his other favorite hardware stores. It's getting colder here in NE Wyoming, I may have to bring it into the house and stay home instead of riding along with him. 

If I get these finished this week, I will start on 

This is the next in the Lost Love series from Karen Kingsbury. 

5 comments:

  1. Haha! I hope you enjoy Landline - I read a while ago and think it makes perfect colder month reading.

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up enjoying Landline, although I never did like some of the characters. Neal sometimes seemed likable, but mostly he seemed to be frowning and scowling....LOL.

    I hope you do like it, though. Thanks for visiting my blog, and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL on your Meow!!

    Second Time Around has a great cover.

    Landline seems to be a popular book.

    ENJOY your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you have books scattered in different places so you have something to read when nothing to do. That's kind of what we knitters do, have a travel project while keeping certain ones at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you, sometimes I make a judgement too about a character and then they develop or change and I recognise I'm too quick to judge.

    ReplyDelete