Tuesday, November 17, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday - Ever After- 11-17-15







Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts this meme so we can share the first paragraph or two of the first chapter of a book we are reading or one we want to start soon. Join us by writing a post then linking up at Diane's blog.



Ever After
Karen Kingsbury
Zondervan 2007

ONE

Two blue and gray fighter jets raced low over the neighborhood and looped toward the barren mountains in the west. Lauren Gibbs heard the vibrations in the subtle rattle of picture frames on the mantle, sensed it in the wood floor of the old house, felt it all the way to hear soul. Training drills, same as most days. She froze long enough to watch them, long enough to catch her fiance's attention.
    "They still bug you."
      It wasn't a question. Shane Galanter doled out the stack of plates in his hand one at a time onto the white linen tablecloth. 

What do you think?  Would you read this one?  Are you a fan of Karen Kingsbury like I am?


I will be starting this one tomorrow. And it will become number 23 in my list of library reads for Readers to the Rescue.and it will be another "E" title for my Favorite Book challenge on Goodreads, Love of Reading Group.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy








11 comments:

  1. I've had this on my bookshelf almost since it was released and somehow never get to it. I do enjoy Kingsbury's novels and have read quite a few of them. Thanks for the reminder that I still have this one on my TBR list!

    Here's my Teaser/Intro for this week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/11/teaser-tuesdaysfirst-chapter-first_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an enjoyable read. I'd give this a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this author before, but I have one of her books in my e-reader. The intro has me curious about what is in her past that makes her leery of fighter jets. I have always been enamored by them. I love the rumble and vibrations as they fly overhead, and enjoying watching them. One of my dreams that will never be is to fly in one. Anyway, more information than you wanted to know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't yet read this author, but I keep noticing her books....they sound good! Thanks for sharing and enjoy. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious about the military setting and what happened to make her freeze up at the sound of fighter jets. I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Karen Kingsbury but sometime her romances are a little too syrupy for me so I don't read her often. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this author and although the fighter jets in the opening caught my attention, I'd need to read a little bit more to fully make up my mind. I do hope this one lives up to your expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried this author, I hope this is a good one. I'd need to read more before decided.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I met Karen Kingsbury a few years ago at a publisher event--she was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed these books. Always need a couple of tissues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've read this author although the name sounds familiar. I like the first paragraph. I'd like to read more.

    ReplyDelete