Tuesday, November 24, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros 11-24-15 Mr Miracle


Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts this meme so we can share the first paragraph or two of the first chapter of a book we are reading or one we want to start soon. Join us by writing a post then linking up at Diane's blog. I hope to start this one right after Thanksgiving.



Mr. Miracle
Debbie Macomber
Ballantine Books 2015

Well, well, well, Harry Mills mused as he glanced around the campus of Southshore Community College. So this is Earth. Students darted across the emerald-green landscape, scurrying toward their classes. The December sky was dark and overcast, threatening rain. Not uncommon weather for the Pacific Northwest, or so he'd been told.
This is exactly what I expected,  he thought a bit smugly. Until now he'd had, shall we say, a Heavenly perspective. Yes, he was an angel, but  unlike Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, he had the ability to mingle with humans without suspicion. What he enjoyed most was the fact that the humans were completely unaware of who he was and the work he'd been given. Harry was on a God-given mission - a trial mission that was the opportunity of an eternity and one he hoped would become a permanent job if he performed well. 


So would you read on?  Have you read Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber?  I am looking forward to this story of Christmas love, traditions, forgiveness and the comforts of home. I'll be sipping Peppermint Mocha and enjoying the warmth of a new Christmas quilt.


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


10 comments:

  1. This sounds sweet and interesting. I'd keep reading. Here's my Teaser/Intro post for the week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/11/teaser-tuesdaysfirst-chapter-first_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in the mood for Christmas stories. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of Macomber's Christmas books, but this one sounds good. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy? That's fricking brilliant. I love the play on the biblical phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds perfect for this time of year. I haven't read anything by Macomber, but I recently bought one of her Christmas novels. I haven't yet read it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie Macomber always tells a good story, doesn't she? Since I live in the Pacific Northwest, her books are especially appealing to me. I'm looking forward to reading this one.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've loved this holiday series of Debbe Macombers. I have yet to read this one, but it start off nicely. I hope you enjoy it. Have a happy Thanksgiving Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tis the season for Christmas reads - I'd read more Judy - enjoy.

    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always love Debbie Macomber's Christmas books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am liking all the Christmas reads on everyone's blogs this week - happy reading Judy

    ReplyDelete