Sunday, November 22, 2015

Challenges for 2016- Read What You Buy and Women's Fiction Reading Challenge, What's In A Name 2016

This will be an ongoing post until I decide to stop and call it a page!  I am going to join a few challenges in the new year.......not too many though.


I will join Kathryn at Book Date  for her Read the Books You Buy challenge.


I'm joining at the 60% to 80% level = Maximizing Returns
Check out Kathryn's sign up post for the rules, if you want to join us. 
I am going to include the three books I purchased just recently to read for my F2F book club in 2016. 
Kathryn has decided that we can count books purchased as far back as June 2015. Other than those purchased at Amazon ( they keep track) I wonder if I can even remember when I purchased a particular book. There probably were not too many as I was really working on a Library Book challenge in 2015. 

Print Books:
1. Take Me With You by Catherine Ryan Hyde
2. The Liar's Club by Mary Karr
3. The Hurricane Sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank 
4.  The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg 

Kindle: 
1. Deep Down Dark by Hector Tobar







And Challenge #2 is also hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. 

Check out the rules here.  This seems to be my favorite genre. I describe it as stories about strong women, ready to take on their life and the world. That is simplistic, but works for me. Because it is my favorite I signing up at the Fearless Level - 30+ books.  I will list them as I read them. 

1.   If You Stay by Courtney Cole  1-10-16 ****
2.   Across the Miles by Jill Buck  1-11-16 ****
3.  The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd 1-23-16 *****
4.  Here Today, Gone Tamale  by Rebecca Adler  2/8/16 ***
5.  Of Moths and Butterflies by V. R. Christensen 3/14/16 *****
6.   Emma by Jane Austen 3/21/16 ****
7.  The All -Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg 4/1/16 *****
8.  The Chili Queen by Sandra Dallas  ***** 4/15/16
9. Witch is When It All Began  by Adele Abbott  4/21/16 *** 
10.  The Hurricane Sisters  by Dorothea Benton Frank  5/12/16 ****   
11. Chesapeake Song by Brenda Lane Richardson 6/6/16 ****
12. The Cat Sitter's Whiskers by Blaize and John Clement 6/18/16 ****   





And of course I will do the What's In A Name 2016 Challenge. Hosted by Charlie at The Worm Hole. I have participated in this challenge for the last four years and I really like it. This year the categories are really challenging!



1. A Country - The Chili Queen, Walking Across Egypt, Jamaica Inn
2. An Item of Clothing - Bossypants, The Christmas Shoes, Man Repeller: Seeking Love, Finding Overalls
3. An Item of Furniture - The Mermaid Chair, Smoke and Mirrors, 
4. A Profession- The Storekeeper's Daughter, The Pilot's Wife, The Surrogate,
5. A Month of the Year - March, January First, May Day, The Dry Grass of August
6. A Tree in the Title - The Beach Trees, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

2 comments:

  1. Oo, I like Bossypants as a choice! Good to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining the Read the Books You Buy and Women's Fiction challenge and I like your definition very much. Simple and true. I can see already there will be a couple of cross over books for you and that's just the start!

    ReplyDelete