Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Wondrous Words Wednesday 10-21-15


Join us as we celebrate words!   Did you find a new word while reading, or listening or watching? Share it on your blog then link up your post with Kathy at Bermuda Onion's Weblog


My words this week were found while reading  A Corpse for Yew by Joyce and Jim Lavene. This is the 5th installment in the Peggy Lee Garden Mystery series. This one is right up my alley, a mystery with references to gardening and even a bit of romance. 


chalcedony - noun

:  a translucent variety of quartz of various colors and waxy luster

" A very nice sienna-colored variety of chalcedony.  Carnelian."

This description really did not help me visualize the ring that Peggy and Mia found. So I searched further. Here is an image I found of Carnelian. Now I can see what the ring might have looked like. 





seitan- noun

:  flavored wheat gluten often used as a meat analogue

"Fine. This is really good seitan." She tried to change the subject. " Would you like to try some?"

Ok, I still wasn't sure about what seitan might be.  So enter, Goggle.  I sure hope Peggy's dinner looked like example #1 and not like the 2nd photo.

This looks like it might be pretty good. 


This looks a little pale and maybe not so good. 

Anyway, these are my words for today. 

Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the photos - they really help me appreciate the words better. What beautiful quartz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the photos - they really help me appreciate the words better. What beautiful quartz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have a chalcedony necklace so I knew that one.

    ReplyDelete