Saturday, October 31, 2015

Saturday Snapshots 10-31-15 Not a Halloween Post! !


Melinda hosts Saturday Snapshots every week at her blog West Metro Mommy Reads. Share photos taken by you or a family member or friend, not a random picture found on line. Make sure it is suitable for all eyes then link up at Melinda's Blog.


Last week I attended a three day quilting retreat with 10 friends. We finished a lot of projects. I will share them over the next several Saturdays. There are lots of patterns out there that use border fabric and a 60 degree ruler. Below are several examples. Eileen use fall border fabric to fashion a beautiful table topper. Stunning, isn't it?



Jeanine used a cute winter themed fabric to make this table runner.  There are mittens, and stocking caps in shades of green, red, blue and gold.  Really cute.


Marva Jo made TWO Christmas themed table runners. She will donate one to the fund raiser at our local library.  I'd bid on one, wouldn't you?


 The two project below were also made by Marva.  The Christmas tree is a die cut applique piece that she appliqued around each shape and then she will put it on her long arm and quilt the background.


These are orange/gold patchwork pumpkins made into a table runner. Not sure how she will complete this one, but it will be gorgeous. Her projects always are. 


We had a great time. The rooms were wonderful, the food was top notch and the company was fun and uplifting.

I'll share more pictures next week and if you want to see some of the pictures where we "retreated", check out my post from last Saturday Snapshots.



Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I think they are all stunning, and I really love the first table runner. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful they all are! My mom loved to do crafty stuff like this, but I'm not crafty at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the projects are beautiful, but I especially love the ones made with border fabric. What stunning patterns they create! I'll be looking for similar projects to add to my long list of things I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful projects. They are works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are terrific projects and just right for the seasons. I love the 60-degree designs. I wondered how people did that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW ! I can truly appreciate all the fussy cutting and careful matching of all those fabric lines! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work there ladies, I would never have the patience or the skills, but admire those who do.

    ReplyDelete