Tuesday, October 27, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros. - First Frost



Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea, hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros. It is a place to share the first paragraph sometimes two from a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon. Share your First Chapter First Paragraph then link up at Bibliophile By the Sea



First Frost
Sarah Addison Allen
St Martin's Press  2014



   Bay Waverly-Hopkins raced down Pendland Street, her backpack bouncing and her black hair flying behind her like blackbirds. The neighborhood homeowners always knew when she ran by, because they suddenly felt the desire to organize their sock drawers and finally replace those burned- out lightbulbs they'd been meaning to. We need to set things in order, they all thought as Bay ran down the street every afternoon after school. But, as soon as she passed, their thoughts quickly drifted back to where they'd been before --what was for dinner, why was a husband so moody lately, could a load of laundry wait another day. 

I have been wanting to read this one since finishing Garden Spells.  I have also read The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen. I went to the library today with Mr Busy and there was this copy on the featured "top picks" shelf. I grabbed it of course.

Have you read this one? Would you continue based on the first paragraph?  Don't you love the cover?


Til next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

11 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that intro Judy, and although I haven't read that author in a while, I'd try more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to read this one, too. I have Garden Spells on my Kindle...and I've read The Peach Keeper and Lost Lake.

    I wonder why the sight of that girl makes them all want to organize things? LOL

    Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure why everyone reacts so to a character running. That would make want to read at least a little further to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read another one of her books. I hope you enjoy this one. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to read anything by Sarah Addison Allen, but she's on my must read author list. I keep meaning to start Garden Spells, but other books get in the way. This one sounds like a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wondering why that girl makes them want to get organized? Is it because she's a mess? I'd like to know more about her.
    My Tuesday post features Shem Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep meaning to read this author... the opening sounds promising. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the opening although I'm a little bit confused about the neighbours reaction to her running... I love that cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not read this author, but I think I should. I like that first paragraph. Happy reading, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard good things about this one, but the intro didn't really grab me. I'd maybe keep reading a bit longer based on the good things I've heard, though.

    ReplyDelete