Sunday, September 13, 2015

Welcome Back It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



I am so glad to be posting to this favorite meme. I have been reading but did not post very often about what I was reading.

This coming week is the first meeting of my F2F book club after our summer vacation. We will discuss the following two books.

I am a bit behind. I am nearly done with this one and enjoying it a great deal. Check out the The Goodreads Page for the synopsis of this story. 


I have not started this one, but I will. I won't be much help in the discussion, but I will listen well. I really enjoyed this first one in this trilogy, The Ticket. 

Also this next week I hope to start The Bell Jar
This classic is one I have been meaning to read for some time. Last week as we stopped by the library, I looked for it and there it was on the shelf so I picked it up. 


I have owned this book since 2000. I purchased a copy from the author when he spoke at a Fire Department Banquet that Mr Busy and I attended. At the time, Mr Busy was a volunteer fireman and was a member of the Honor Guard of his department. This Honor Guard presented flags at the dedication ceremony of the Fallen Firefighters Memorial in Glenwood Springs Colorado. It was a very emotional day. It has taken me this long to be able to read this tragic story. 


Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your week! I loved The Bell Jar back when I read it in the 60s....and because I wanted to reread it, I bought it a few months ago.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete