Tuesday, September 29, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros 9-29-15 Trail Mix



I am linking up this post with Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea. Diane offers a place to share the first paragraph of the first chapter from a book you are currently reading or want to start soon. If you read my Monday post and my last review, then you know I have been reading heavy depressing stories. I needed a change. As I was perusing my Kindle at bedtime last night I remembered I had downloaded Trail Mix by Paulita Kincer. Paulita is a fellow blogger and I have read her other books and enjoyed them. So I clicked it open and here are the first two paragraphs of the prologue.


Trail Mix
Paulita Kincer
2014 


Raindrops trickled down Jess' nose. Her sodden boots plodded along, squooshing the mud with each step. 
"Why did I do this?" She threw her head back, her face raised in lament to the sky. The hood of her rain poncho slipped off.  The empty forest around her offered no answer, just a steady rain. Then, far above the treetops, she glimpsed a bolt of lightning streaking toward a nearby mountain and heard an answering boom of thunder. She cringed and scuttled faster down the trail.  

I am going to really enjoy this book. Although Jess and Andi are the ages of my daughter, I remember being the mom of teenagers and college bound, unhappy with my then life. Not seriously unhappy,  just in need of a new adventure. How about you, does this book speak to you? Would you read more?


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

14 comments:

  1. The opening doesn't grab me as much as your comments about it. Glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this book a lot, and I hope you do too.
    My Tuesday post features Previously Loved Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved this one! I don't usually read books about hiking, but it was Paulita, so I had to dive in. And, as I suspected, there is a lot more to the story than hiking. The friendships and how they were tested...great story! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so fun when you feel like you know the author. I like that too!

      Delete
  4. I've done my fair share of hiking in my life and I enjoy reading about other hiker's experiences. I think this starts off good and I'd like to read more.By the way, I just saw A Walk In the Woods over the weekend and it was fairly good. Not as good as the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, I was so surprised to click on your link and find my novel Trail Mis. Thanks so much for reading, and featuring, my book. I do hope you enjoy it. I'm playing along with Tuesday Intros too. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had read is sooner, but books on my Kindle sometimes get lost in the maze. But I found it again when I needed a great read. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like the start of an interesting adventure! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can you imagine hiking the Appalachian Trail?

      Delete
  7. I like the intro and the story sounds very promising as well. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like one I would enjoy - the voice in the opening is very captivating.

    ReplyDelete