Monday, August 10, 2015

Currently Reading and Listening To: Sarah's Key and All The Light We Cannot See

Last week at the library I picked up a bound copy of Sarah's Key
 and the audio version of All The Light We Cannot See.

 I have had both on my TBR list for some time and though I wasn't really searching for those title in particularly, they both were available. Mr Busy and I were planning a 3 hr road trip last Saturday and we usually check out an audio book to listen to. Usually we chose a title he is interested in, David Baldacci, Dan Brown, C.J. Box and that is OK. He did not have a certain book he wanted to listen to , so I got to chose.

As it turned out we had a friend of his ride with us, so no audio. I know now, he would not have enjoyed listening while driving to this title.  Anyway, I am listening to it, in my sewing room while putting the binding on a table runner.

I also am reading Sarah's Key. I am really enjoying that one too. I find it interesting that both books take place in Paris and other cities in France at about the same time period, 1936-1942. Of course Sarah's Key also has the present time component. I did not realize the similarity. Both are moving, sometimes sad stories.

Today I am linking up with
at An Accidental Blog  . Every Monday Paulita hosts this place to post anything Dreaming of France. I don't cook at lot, have not visited France, don't have a chance to eat much authentic French cuisine, but once in a while I do read books set in France. So today I will join in the fun.  

Until next time,
Stay Busy and  Stay Happy

5 comments:

  1. Both books are on my tbr list which keeps growing and growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi, So glad you joined in. I haven't read Sarah's Key. I've heard that it's good. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just getting ready to listen to All the Light We Cannot See. Its a bookclub selection for next month. I've heard nothing but good things about the book. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the Light is next up for MY book club too! We'll have to compare notes. Judy, do you recommend the audio?

      Delete
    2. All the Light is next up for MY book club too! We'll have to compare notes. Judy, do you recommend the audio?

      Delete