Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wondrous Word Wednesday 7-29



Sharing Wondrous Words found while reading is definitely fun and a learning experience. Diane at BermudaOnion's Weblog gives us a place to do that. Come join the fun. 


This classic bildungsroman tells the story of Philip Carey, a sensitive boy born with a clubfoot who is orphaned and raised by a religious aunt and uncle.
 
Yesterday, as I was reading the posts at First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, I came across this word.   This classic bildungsroman tells the story of Philip Carey, a sensitive boy born with a clubfoot who is orphaned and raised by a religious aunt and uncle.

Sandra  at  Writing With a Texas Twang was sharing  her current read Of Human Bondage. She included the synopsis from Goodreads and even linked it to the definition. 

         noun  :  a novel about the moral and psychological growth of the main character. 



What Wondrous Words did you find in your reading this week?



Stay Busy and Stay Happy





4 comments:

  1. I've looked that word up before and remembered that it had to do with a genre of books but couldn't define it. Hopefully I'll remember it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bildungsroman is completely new to me. I can't say I've ever come across it before. I'll try to remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard this one before, but the memory was faint. Thanks for this review. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of this word, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete