Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday Snapshots - July 18 - Removal


Today I am linking up a variety of shots to Melinda's blog. The rules for this Saturday event are few. Read about them at West Metro Mommy Reads then link up you own photos to share. 

 A week before the 4th, you will remember that I posted pictures of our neighbors shrubs on fire and threatening our back yard.  We had previously decided to have a few trees removed, and this is the week the Tree Trimmers scheduled us. Our lot had 16 trees when we moved in. Lots of lovely shade, but had to grow most things. That is not the reason we are removing trees. They are dying, from age and from a disease ( according to the tree guy). The above picture shows the small tree almost gone.

 Here is Mr Busy sitting on our back deck with his coffee watching them take down the huge tree behind our garage. He says, "Work fascinates me, I could watch it for hours!". (haha)   He is retired you know. His dog, Emma, could watch him for hours. She hardly lets him out of her sight. He inherited her a little over a year ago, when his mom passed away and she attached herself to him immediately.

 This is the dying old tree in our backyard. You can sort of see the man lift extending it's blue arm so the tree trimmer can reach the top. You can't see the trimmer, but this one is young and female. She can really handle that chainsaw.


Thursday this week there was removal of another sort in my life.

In May I had a small red bump biopsied from my jawline.  The biopsy showed it was basal cell carcinoma, so on Thursday the dermatologist did the surgery. It was in his office and painless. The incision is about 2 inches long and he took 13 stitches. So I don't think there will be much of a scar, if I follow all the post-op instructions. It looks bad here, but today the compression bandage is off and there is just a 2.5 X 3.5 inch regular bandage. I am a red-head with freckles and spent lots of time on a motorcycle in past summers, so it was bound to happen I suppose. I am also a breast cancer survivor, so this is nothin'! I will be checked regularly for other skin cancer. And I will continue to use sunscreen when I go out. Always a good idea!


That's all I can share this week, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy










7 comments:

  1. Oh, it is sad when trees are diseased and have to go! Thanks for sharing the process...Love the look of your deck.

    Hope you feel better soon...I am always trying to notice the odd moles and bumps...it is hard to keep up with them all.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call those odd bumps(seborrheic keratosis) "age barnacles!" But this one was red and would not go away.

      Delete
  2. Judy - hope you on the mend soon. My husband had the same thing on is ear and leg removed last year. I was one of those sun worshipers from 12-40, until I smartened up and used sunscreen. Fortunately, I'm not fair skinned, and seem to have good skin genes thus far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your concern. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  3. Take care of yourself Judy - heal up soon!!!
    We have a tree that is dying also. I'm putting off taking it down - as I hate to lose my trees! The neighbor down the street just had to cut down a huge beautiful maple tree - and I actually cried while I heard them cutting away!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww hope you are feeling better soon, take care..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you had the basal cell carcinoma taken care of and all went well! And I love her husband's attitude towards work!

    ReplyDelete