Saturday, July 25, 2015

Saturday Snapshots 7-25-15 Sweden Vicariously



Saturday Snapshots is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads. The rules are few, check them out at Melinda's blog.



I rummaged through my photos (there were very few) and decided I did not have anything of note to share. So I am sharing photos taken by my brother and sister-in-law on their recent vacation in Sweden. They were accompanied by their son and his wife. You may remember that last fall I shared photos from Seth and Mollie's honeymoon in London and Paris. Now they have traveled to Sweden. My sister-in-law has cousin in Gotland ,Sweden and so they spent several days visiting family, enjoying new foods and even picking strawberries. They also spent several days in Stockholm before flying home to Minneapolis for Seth and Mollie and Rapid City SD for my brother and SIL.

 This is a church in Gotland. My SIL's relatives helps maintain this one and I think 3-4 others.

 I am not sure where this deli is. It is  The Hairy Pig Deli, but they enjoyed the food there very much.

This is what was brought to their table.  Interesting I think. Don't your like the pig shaped bread or cracker. (At least I think that is what they are made of)


 My SIL post photos of hearts that she finds in nature and other unexpected places. She even found a heart shaped rock with a wild flower in Sweden.

 Another picture of food they ate. She commented that it was"Reindeer for dinner...please don't tell Santa!"


This photo was taken on their last day in Stockholm. I love the various colors on the buildings and the outdoor dining.

OK, so much for my photo trip to a place I'll probably never get to visit. Have you ever been to Sweden or Norway ( the land of my heritage)?



4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Sweden is one country I haven't yet visited--although I would certainly jump at the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had the chance to visit Scandinavia, I'd love to though. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos! I love that your sister-in-law posts photos of hearts in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I have always wanted to visit Sweden, since my grandparents were born and raised there. Thanks for sharing...and thanks for visiting my Weekly Updates post.

    ReplyDelete