Tuesday, July 28, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - If I Stay 7-28


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts this place to share a bit of the book you are currently reading or on you hope to read soon. It is fun to read about what others are reading and test the waters a bet to see if you might be interested in that particular title. Share the first paragraph or two of the first paragraph of the book you are reading and then link up at Diane's Blog. 



If I Stay
Gayle Forman
Penguin Goup 2009


7:09 AM
Everyone thinks it was because of the snow. And in a way, I suppose that is true.
I wake up this morning to a thin blanket of white covering our front lawn. It isn't even an inch,  but in this part of Oregon a slight dusting brings everything to a standstill as the one snowplow in the county get busy clearing the roads. It is wet water that drops from the sky - and drops and drops and drops - not the frozen kind. 


These first two paragraphs don't really give you an idea of the subject of the book. Maybe most of you have read this one or have seen the movie.



                       

When I purchased this book at a local store the clerk asked me if I had seen the movie. I said I hadn't and that I usually liked to read the book first. The lady behind me, with a walker (so she wasn't young), said "Definitely read the book first, but see the movie too."   I am finally finding time to read the book and it is so engrossing, I am having a hard time putting it down to go to sleep. I will rent the movie too.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Judy


9 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one either or seen the movie. But, I do remember hearing about it. Love the lady with the walker that was giving you tips. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the book...and the movie. This was my first book from the author, and I have another of her books on Pippa, my Kindle. (I Was Here). Haven't read it yet.

    Thanks for sharing...and here is mine: “DUNE ROAD”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for including the movie's trailer. This sounds like a story (and movie) I'd enjoy.
    My Tuesday post features a classic: OF HUMAN BONDAGE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the book and hope you continue to. It's such a sad story, isn't it? I haven't seen the movie yet. I actually read the book in anticipating of seeing the movie, but once I read the book, I lost interest in seeing the movie. I'm not sure why exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need to read this. And then see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the movie first (but not in the theaters). When I saw it at my digital library in audio I had forgotten that I had seen the movie and it took me a bit to figure out what the story sounded so familiar. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just listened to a book by this author, not familiar with this one I'd read more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the trailer for the movie...but haven't yet gotten around to checking out the book or the full film. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to have such a good book that you can't bear to put it down. That's how they should all be. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete