Monday, June 22, 2015

Working on completing a challenge - Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult

Harvesting the HeartHarvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This story is why I am a Jodi Picoult fan. She takes the tough parts of life and lets us see how they affect us all.

I developed a kind of love/hate relationship with Paige O'Toole. She was beautiful, talented, loved, but still she couldn't see that she was also valuable, strong, and worthy. I guess like all of us. And I really did not like Nicholas. A whinny spoiled kid who is a skilled cardiac surgeon, but obviously with no bedside manner whatsoever. He patients like him because he is good and he is gorgeous!  Really!!!

Ms. Picoult did address issues like postpartum depression, abandonment, lack of self worth, and also strength, forgiveness, and the power of love of a child to really to bottom of some of our more self-centered issues.

If you are a Picoult fan, you no doubt will like this book. Although lots of her books are more compelling this one is pretty insightful, in my opinion.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Her book plots are quite unusual and tackle difficult subjects. I can imagine this one does too.

    ReplyDelete