Sunday, June 14, 2015

Mailbox Monday and from other sources 6/14/15

Mailbox Monday is hosted at it's very own blog.  I'm taking a bit of blogger liberty with this meme. It is supposed to be titles that showed up in my mailbox. But all of these did not come in the mail.

I haven't posted to Mailbox  Monday in a very long time. I don't receive any ARC copies and rarely purchase books. I have been using the library a lot lately and of course share with friends. Plus, I have a pretty full bookcase of books that I have not read and really want and need to.

That being said, these last couple of  weeks were a bit different. My F2F book club does not meet in the summer. I don't know why this was decided 12 years ago when the club was formed, but I think it was because most members were teachers, and teachers like their summers free. ( not that I blame them one bit). Nowadays, our membership is about 1/2 teachers and the rest of us. Retired teachers, wives of teachers, bookkeepers, retired bookkeepers, receptionists, make up the balance. We are reading a trilogy over the summer.

So these are the new books at my house this week!

Top to bottom:

The Summer Hideway: The Lakeshore Chronicles by Susan Wiggs   Shared from a friend and the 7th in the series. I have not read any of them.

The Secrets of Mary Bowser by Lois Leveen     Shared from a friend and a book club read that I missed when we were traveling in March.

The Ticket by Karen Schutte  #1 in the trilogy that is our summer read
Seed of the Volga by Karen Schutte  #2
Flesh on the Bone  by Karen Schutte  #3
I purchased all three of these from Amazon, so these really did come in my mailbox (well in actuality on the porch because they came via FedEx. )

The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant.  This one is from the library. It has been on my TBR list for a few months.

Did you have a full mailbox last week?  Have you read any of these titles?





14 comments:

  1. I've only read The Boston Girl and liked it very much. The others are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been on my radar for a bit, and when I was in the library to return a book for my DH and pick up the next one in the series he is reading, I saw it on display. So I grabbed it up and checked it out.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Summer seems a good reading time for me, so I hope to get a lot of books finished. Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  3. Oh how fun that your book club is reading a trilogy! Will you discuss it at your next meeting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will discuss them at our first meeting in September. I am looking forward to the series. They are written by a women who grew up in our state.

      Delete
  4. These all look really good....The Boston Girl is one I've noticed in the past and then forgot about. It's going on my list! That trilogy looks like fun...enjoy!

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to all of these. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. The Boston Girl will be one of my picks this week for Books That Caught Our Eye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I hope it is. I love The Red Tent by the same author.

      Delete
  7. Some nice books for your reading pleasure, Judy. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to all of these titles.

      Delete