Tuesday, June 16, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros -The Boston Girl



 First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday is a place to share the first bit of a book you are currently reading or plan to start soon.  Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts. Post the first paragraph or two of the first chapter of your featured book and link it up at Diane's Blog.




The Boston Girl 
Anita Diamant
Schribner, A Division of Simon and Schuster
Published 2014

1985
Nobody told you?


Ava, sweetheart, if you ask me to talk about how I got to be the woman I am today, what do you think I'm going to say? I'm flattered you want to interview me. And when did I ever say no to my favorite grandchild?
I know I say that to all of my grandchildren and I mean it every single time. That sounds ridiculous or like I'm losing my marbles, but it's true. When your a grandmother you'll understand. 

This is the first chapter first paragraph of The Boston Girl. Sort of a prologue.  The next chapter is titled 1915-16, That's where I started to be my own person.  I think I will like this one. How about you? Would you read on?


Staying Busy and sort of Staying Happy

13 comments:

  1. Nice choice, Judy. I have a copy of this one sitting patiently on a shelf, which I hope to get to soon. Hope you enjoy it.

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-110.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one and liked it a lot. Addie reminded me a lot of my grandma. I have a review on my blog if you are interesting.
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2015/04/review-boston-girl.html
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read two of her books and like both. So that alone would make me read this one. Sounds like it could be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is on my wish list already. I love Anita Diamant's books. I think this one will be good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been eyeing this one, which sounds like so much fun. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a fun read. I love the opening and the cover of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the narrator's voice, but I'd need to read the blurb to know for sure. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'd enjoy this one too. I like the conversational tone in the opening and, as a grandmother myself, I do understand!
    Thank you for visiting my blog today.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I'd keep reading! I love that opening and I'm also very fond of books that take a look back in time. Thank you very much for visiting my Tuesday post today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard good things about this one and I've read other books by this author. Yes, I'd keep reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the voice of the grandmother in this opening paragraph. It sounds like she's about to tell a story full of secrets. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the intro and hope to try is sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard that's terrific so I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete