Tuesday, May 5, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday - Our Lady of the Lost and Found

 First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros is hosted by  Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea. It is a chance to share the first paragraph or two of your current read. It can even be the first paragraph of a book you hope to begin soon.  Today I am sharing the first paragraph of : 


Our Lady of the Lost and Found
Diane Schoemperlen
Penguin Group 2001


Signs

Looking back on it now, I can see there were signs. In the week before it happened, there was a string of unusual events that I noticed but did not recognize. Seemingly trivial, apparently unconnected, they were not even events really, so much as odd occurrences, whimsical coincidences, amusing quirks of nature or fate. It is only now, in retrospect, that I can see then for what they were: eclectic clues, humble omens, whispered heralds of the approach of the miraculous. 


I am already at the 7th chapter of this book. I am enjoying it so far. It was in a box of "please take one of these" from a member of my book club. When I asked her about it, she shrugged her shoulders and said, "It wasn't bad" .  Not a glowing review, but I like the way it is written (first person) and I like the language. Would you pick it out of a box or from a shelf? Would you keep reading?


I may not be back home by next Tuesday. We will be helping our granddaughter get her condo ready to sell, not sure if she had disconnected the internet yet. My phone is only 3G so it need WiFi too. We will see. Until then,



Stay Busy and Stay Happy


9 comments:

  1. The title alone would make me pick this one out of the box. I like the opening, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sounding treasure! I love finding books in unexpected places. Thanks for sharing...and enjoy. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure. The title is definitely intriguing, but it would depend on the blurb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have picked up the book simply because of its title and cover! The opening paragraph makes me want to keep reading.
    My Tuesday post features ELIZABETH’S LANDING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would have to read further to see if I'd continue, but the cover is interesting. And I like covers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover and beginning intrigue me enough to continue reading.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Based on the cover I would definitely pick it up. The first paragraph is intriguing enough that I'd keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover and at one time owned the hard cover edition. Not sure what happened to it. I would read more☺️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd keep reading - it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete