Saturday, April 11, 2015

Saturday Snapshots : A near finish.



Sharing just a couple of photos of a recent quilt. Go to West Metro Mommy Reads to check out the few rules and see what other bloggers are sharing this week.

I have been working on a quilt as a gift to my DIL. She graduates from ASU (Arizona State University) in May. Her degree is in Creative Writing with a minor in Communications. She will graduate Summa Cum Laude. We are very proud of her. If you know anything about me, you will know that she is a non-traditional student, she is 46.  A great accomplishment for her.


This is the quilt top done, but not quilted or totally finished.

 I just got the quilt back from the long-arm quilter and the binding is now sewed on the front, waiting for me to hand sew it to the back.  All the large squares are fabrics that have words. There is a newspaper print from the 60's, a travel brochure depicting Route 66, some antique postcards, the Declaration of Independence.
 The quilting is a large meander, with words interspersed. Words that are important to her: books, write, read, sister, daughter, grandmother, church, God, roses, chocolate, wine.........etc.
I hope she will like it. It is a pattern called Big Quilts by Debbie Bowles, I have also called it "Words Squared".

The next several evenings will be getting the binding sewed down and a label made.
Have a great week everyone.

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt! I'm sure your daughter-in-law will treasure it always
    Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments. I do enjoy the process and the gifting!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This one went quickly, but was a bit of a challenge in that all the word prints had to be right side up! :)

      Delete
  3. How fantastic it is. It will such a special present for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so proud of her courage and tenacity to complete her degree after she raised her family.

      Delete
  4. I am sure she will love it. I am always amazed by how much you get done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you well know in your craft. It takes time each day, or at least some each week. Little by little, project get completed.

      Delete
  5. I love quilts and especially creative ones. How fitting that this gift is for another creative person. I'm glad you shared it here.

    ReplyDelete