Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spring has Sprung but not at home.


Saturday Snapshots is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads. Share photos that you or a family member took. There are a few rules. Check them out on Melinda's blog.

I'm still showing pictures I took on our recent road trip. The bougainvillea were blooming all over Phoenix. My son calls it "that pink sh-t". It has thorns and he hated trimming it when they had some in a rental home where they lived years ago. He still doesn't like it. It is very pretty, very showy and very pink.

This is the ocotillo plant that is pretty prolific in the Southwest too. I always thought it was a kind of cactus, but while I was looking up the correct spelling for this post, I discovered it is not a true cactus. There are several in the neighborhood park near my son and DIL's home.



 I am not sure what these tiny blue flowers are. I think vinca vine. I was walking the dog on one of our stops in Utah on our way home. I thought they were crocus as I approached, but they are not. The homeowner had lots of daffodils and tulips blooming already. I am ready for Spring in our neighborhood too. So far we have no buds on trees, no lilacs, and I haven't seen crocus or hyacinth in other yards. Today is supposed to be 75 degrees F. so something should begin to show up.




Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blooms! I love that "pink stuff," LOL. Daffodils are my favorites...I can't remember the last time I saw any in a garden. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So colour! Looks like you're having a gorgeous spring. It will be a while before we see any colours, albeit the snow's all gone now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like beautiful flowers, despite what your son says :) such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's hope spring comes for you soon!

    Readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures of beautiful flowers. We had bougainvillea when we lived in Miami, and I remember those lethal thorns. My husband hated it too! But the colors are so vivid.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bougainvilla - they're a common sight in California. Hope for you Spring comes soon!

    ReplyDelete