Monday, March 16, 2015

It's Monday. What Are You Reading? 3/16/15




This week we are traveling so the reading is at a minimum. I could read while riding in the car, but feel like I then exclude my DH and time spent together. So we almost always opt for an audio book. This trip is a 1200 mile each way, so we checked out 2 books from the library. On the way to Arizona we listened to Winterkill by C.J. Box.

 It is the 3rd in the series, and I usually shy away from reading out of sequence, but Mr Busy has read the first 2 in the series, so I thought I could cope. It was fine. Then as it turned out, I was reading Cathy's blog, Kittling Books, the other day and she mentions book signings at The Poisoned Pen in Phoenix often. Since we were going to be in Phoenix I check the bookstore website and C .J. Box was doing a book signing on Sunday, the 15th.  My son, DIL and DH said they would go with me to the book signing. That was good because there was no way I was going to drive across Phoenix and try to find the store in Scottsdale. We got there, bought his newest book, listened to the interview with the owner and Mr. Box and then took our numbers for the actual book signing. I enjoyed it very much. Now, C.J. Box lives in Wyoming as do I and he has been at our local book store doing a signing, but I wasn't reading his books then. So it was kind of serendipitous that we are both in Phoenix on the same weekend.

I am still reading
 but not getting very far. Reading of a print book has been limited to bedtime and I have been tired enough to fall asleep after 5 or so pages.  Not very productive.


Until next time
Stay Busy and  Stay Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment