Tuesday, March 3, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Intros - On Hummingbird Wings




Hoping to link up with Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea to participate in First Chapter, First Paragraph. Diane is having laptop troubles, so we will see if she can get her post to publish.



On Hummingbird Wings
Lauraine Snelling.
Faith Words, div of Hachette Book Group, Inc.
2011


Chapter One

"But Mother is always dying." Why had she ever let the call come through? "I'm putting you on speaker." Gillian Ormsby clicked the SPEAKER button without waiting for her sister's reply. At least this way she could continue to flip the screens on the computer. Glancing at the clock, she mentally allowed Allison two more minutes before returning to the report in front of her.
  "No, this time it is really serious, I can't make her get out of bed."


Right away you dislike Gillian don't you?  Well, read on, I think you will change your mind. I am just about 1/3 of the way into this book. So far, it reads like most of Lauraine Snelling stories. Good character development, a story with a lesson and not a bit of sex, violence or bad language.  I have read quite a few of  Snelling's books and I am a big fan. Would you read on?



Stay Busy and Stay Happy

2 comments:

  1. I think my first thought regarding Gillian was how much I could relate to her. LOL I would keep reading. This sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a book I would really like. I'm always on the lookout for clean reading. Thanks for bringing this author to my attention. Kelley at the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete