Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wondrous Words Wednesday #515

It's Wondrous Words Wednesday again. Join Kathy at BermudaOnion's Weblog and others to share or just highlight interesting and wondrous words.


I am slowly reading Beloved by Toni Morrison. I found this word.

coffle : a train of slaves or animals fastened together.

"Brandywine was leading him, in a coffle with ten others, through Kentucky into Virginia.

I knew what it was as used in the sentence and the entire paragraph, but I had not seen the actual word before. Beloved is a difficult read.


Not any other words. I just subscribed to a Word of the Day email, but the words have not been new to me yet. But I will keep getting it, because I will find a new one eventually.


Glad to be back here today,
Missed some of my other favorite memes due to travel.



4 comments:

  1. That's a new word for me. It's a sad word, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your word. Beloved is a good book. Ms. Toni Morrison is a wonderful author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the new word. A shame it has such a sad meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this word before, a sad meaning.

    ReplyDelete