Monday, February 23, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #715



Join us at Book Journey and share what you are reading this week. I missed you all last week. We were traveling back from a funeral in Iowa and made it as far as my sister's house on Sunday. She prepared a marvelous dinner ( as always) and we talked and had a wonderful visit. The next morning, Monday, we started home. It is only 2.5 hours but we drove in cloudy dreary, sunshine, sleet showers, snow so thick you could not see over 3 car lengths ahead. YUCK!

Anyway, I did not have a Monday, What Are You Reading post. I finished 52 Cups of Coffee, you can check out my quick review on Goodreads, here.  Mr. Busy and I also listened to The Forgotten by David Baldacci while in the car for 20+ hours.

I also finished Beloved by Toni Morrison, but I have yet to do a review. It was a very difficult read for me. And I  finished Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman which I loved, by the way.

This week I am in the middle of :


"In this luminous prequel to her beloved Cobbled Court Quilts series, New York Times bestselling author Marie Bostwick takes readers into the heart of a small Texas town and the soul of a woman who discovers her destiny there. . .
Welcome to Too Much--where the women are strong-willed and the men are handsome yet shiftless. Ever since Mary Dell Templeton and her twin sister Lydia Dale were children, their Aunt Velvet has warned them away from local boys. But it's well known that the females in Mary Dell's family have two traits in common--superior sewing skills and a fatal weakness for men.
While Lydia Dale grows up petite and pretty, Mary Dell just keeps growing. Tall, smart, and sassy, she is determined to one day turn her love of sewing into a business. Meanwhile, she'll settle for raising babies with her new husband, Donny. But that dream proves elusive too, until finally, Mary Dell gets the son she always wanted--a child as different as he is wonderful. And as Mary Dell is forced to reconsider what truly matters in her family and her marriage, she begins to piece together a life that, like the colorful quilts she creates, will prove vibrant, rich, and absolutely unforgettable. . "

and I will start reading ,

This book will be one of the selections for Mega Mix II Challenge on Goodreads and I may use it for the Animal selection for What's In A Name 2015 Challenge, hosted by Charlie at The Worm Hole. If interested you can read about it here.

Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt, Beloved, Between Heaven and Texas, Dewey's Nine Lives, and the audio edition of The Forgotten by David Baldacci all will be listed on the Library Challenge section of the


 2015 Challenges tab at the top of my page.

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


1 comment:

  1. I loved Dewey's Nine Lives. Great book. I want to try Marie Bostwick's books. They always look so good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete