Tuesday, February 24, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Dewey!


 Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea hosts this every Tuesday meme, to give us a place to share the first paragraph of the book we are reading or plan to read soon. It is also a great place to peek in to see  what others are reading.



Dewey's Nine Lives - The Legacy of the Small-Town Cat Who Inspired Millions.
Vicky Myron with Bret Witter
2010 in arrangement with Dutton, a member of Penguin Group

Prologue:

"Thank you, Vicki, and thank you Dewey....I don't believe in angels, but Dewey comes close."
                                                                                             -Christine B. Tampa, FL

I disagree with the person who wrote that letter, because I do believe there are angels walking among us, helping us grow. I believe in "teachable moments," when we can learn something valuable about life if our eyes and hearts are open to the world around us. These angels of opportunity, as I like to think of them, come in all forms. They appear thanks to the important people in our lives, but also through chance meetings and strangers.  I believe Dewey Readmore Books, the famous library cat of Spencer, IA, was one of those angels. He taught so many lessons, and touched so many lives, that I can't dismiss it as chance. And I don't believe in coincidence.


I am looking forward to starting this book. Have you read this one or the first one written by Vicki Myron, ?  Would you read these?


Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

12 comments:

  1. You had me at the cover. Enjoy!

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/02/first-chapter-first-paragraph-95.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first book sure got a lot of good press, but it didn't appeal to me. Had no idea there was a second book - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I don't believe in coincidence either. Dewey makes for a nice angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cover and a book that I have been wondering about. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember how popular the first book was when it came out. As much as I love animals, I will not willingly read an animal memoir in which the animal dies. Since I didn't read that one, I haven't considered reading this one at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first book was very sweet. I didn't realize there was a second book. So glad you pointed that out. This goes on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of the "Dewey" books although they seem to be very popular. For some reason, they just haven't grabbed me. I do hope you enjoy it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one isn't for me, but hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one was an enjoyable read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did read the first Dewey book so would try this as well -- enjoy Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read these books already...so yes I would :) I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read this or the other one, they look very sweet, though I don't think they are for me, I am more of a dog person!

    ReplyDelete