Tuesday, February 3, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - #415


Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea, hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where she shares the first chapter (or a few) of a book she is reading or is thinking of reading soon. You can do the same. Just check out her blog and link up your First Chapter First Tuesday post.




My Sweet Valentine - The Pride Series- Sara and Allen
Jill Sanders
Published by Jill Sanders January 2014


Prologue

Allen struggled to hold the Blackhawk steady. He could hear the bullets flying by and, for just a second, he closed his eyes and prayed. Then he took a deep breath and pointed the nose of the chopper where he needed to be. Signaling his crew they were in position, he held his hand steady as his men extracted the marines from the site. 

Chapter One

Five years later.....
Allen was caged in again. Every time he turned to get away, there was another opponent. They were faster, smaller, and younger than he was. Even though they were well matched in numbers, his crew was about to get their butts whipped. He went in for the kill, only to get stuffed and served. 

Ok, the prologue doesn't match the cover, but I think it is setting up the character Allen. He is a Blackhawk chopper pilot, must be a good guy!   The first paragraph in Chapter One, doesn't tell us anything.  As we read on, we understand it is a  basketball game of  teenagers and some older, some married, some single guys who are friends. Then the story starts to lead us in the direction of a proper chick lit book. Boy meets girl, girl is smitten, boy is handsome, a tiny bit arrogant, but a nice guy none the less.
 I'm on page 44 of 234 and it has all the makings of a sweet valentine story. So, would you read on? Are you in the mood for a seasonal, love story?

I think it will be a fun and sugary read. I'm gonna sit down and grab a cup of peach oolong tea and a chocolate chip cookie and have a good time.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy

6 comments:

  1. I was definitely drawn to the cover, thrown a bit by the excerpts...and then sighed with relief, as you described what was happening. Yes, it does sound like one I'd enjoy. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “WHAT I REMEMBER MOST”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really my kind of book but hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use a good romance novel right now. :-) I guessed the first paragraph was some sort of game with kids--I just imagined smaller kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun escape! I enjoy romances. Even though I know they'll end in happily ever after or happy for now, it's still fun to see how the plot comes together. This sounds like a great book to read for Valentine's Day!
    My Tuesday post features SIX STRINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is sweet, the opening paragraph doesn't quite match. I would guess there is a love story in there somewhere. Have a nice week. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete