Saturday, January 3, 2015

Saturday Snapshots #115




Saturday Snapshots is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads. Come join the fun. Visit Melinda's blog, grab the button, read the rules, post your photos and link up at West Metro Mommy Reads.

Those of you who read my blog, know that I am a quilter in addition to being a reader. The picture is a tray of "fat quarter" brownies.  A fat quarter is a piece of fabric cut 18" x 22". My son and daughter-in-law packed fat quarters in shades of brown, folded them square and wrapped them in plastic wrap then arranged them on a tray. I collect Santa's too, they are in a Santa tray.  Aren't they just clever and thoughtful?  I love this gift!





We too celebrated New Year's Eve at home alone. I set the table with my good china and my grandmother's crystal wine glasses.
 We shared a New York steak and each had a small lobster tail that I baked then broiled. You don't get fresh lobster in Wyoming so these were frozen but surprisingly good. A salad and wine finished it off. Then we watched a movie on Netflix. I don't find a lot  of movies there that I want to watch, but we picked Labor Day with Josh Brolin and Kate Winslet. The young son played by Gattlin Griffith was by far the best. We both enjoyed it and that is something. We don't often enjoy the same type of movie.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. The fat quarter 'brownies' are a really original present for a quilt enthusiast - what will you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Those fat quarter Brownies are just the neatest thing ... I bookmarked (Pinterested) this idea for next year's quilt guild Christmas party! Loved the idea! Thanks so much for the inspiration! As for New Years ... ours is always quiet too! My husband and I went to see the last Hobbit movie in the afternoon, walked around our little town's town common at dust when there are New Years luminarias placed on all the granite posts of the commons fence, and went to a friends house for a few hours to socialize and play games and toast the new year. We were home by ten o'clock ... and snoozing by midnight. Relaxed ... just like we like it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that you set the table with your china...it's good to treat ourselves, even if we don't have a big group.

    The candy reminds me that I got some for Christmas, too, and one day, I ate several pieces...that was a mistake. Tummy ache...LOL

    I have lovely china that I hardly ever use...I must do so in the New Year.

    I loved Labor Day...the book and the movie. I'll see anything with Kate Winslet.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son and daughter-in-law are so clever! I'll have to remember that gift idea for my quilting friends. I hope to do more quilting in 2015 and become more skilled in the craft--one of my New Year's resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely thoughtful gift. I wonder what you will make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thoughtful gift! I'm sure you'll make a wonderful quilt (or something quilted!) out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We celebrated a New York New Year in Pasadena, California by toasting the New Year at 9 PM. Ha! Happy New Year! Anne at Head Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea those fat quarter brownies are. I thought they were fabric wrapped brownies for a minute...

    ReplyDelete