Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Non Reading Challenge Spool Quilt #2

Feb 8th The spool quilt top is done. It still needs the vine border, but that will wait for another day. 







Feb 1st. Here are some of the spool blocks and the background blocks on the design wall . Only 17 more spool blocks to construct and arrange. I won't begin to sew them together until I get them all complete. Then I can rearrange for color balance. 


The sun shining through the window throws a bright spot. I WILL get it put together before the deadline!   "smile"

Jan 13th,      The quilt that is one of my challenges this year. This photo is from the designers book. Isn't it awesome???


Last Sunday my quilting group met and finalized the 2014 UFO Challenge. Then the die was rolled to find out which listed challenge would be worked on and completed by the first meeting in March. Number 2 was rolled and my #2 is to finish the top without appliqued borders of a Spool Quilt. The pattern is in the book Friendship Strips and Scraps by Edyta Sitar.
 In 2013 the group, Quilt Chicks, made and exchanged blocks of color coordinated 1.5 strips that measured 3.5 x 4.5.  Then we all were going to put them together and we each would have a quilt that was similar but not exactly like the others. Sounds great, huh?  Well, I did not get mine done. Several of the members did get theirs done. This post will be ongoing until the top is complete.

#1  Jan 12th

 All the stripped pieces are laid out on my cutting table. Most have the background strips sewed to each side. Below are two naked strip sets, one blue and one beige and to the left of these are a pink spool and a purple spool with the top and bottom pieces that make it look like a spool.




1 comment:

  1. What a great idea for a quilt challenge!. I'm no longer able to quilt, but I'm going to enjoy watching what you do this year. The spool quilt is beautiful. I can't wait to see your picture of the finished quilt. (no pressure) Good luck and happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete