Monday, January 5, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This Monday meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  Join us by grabbing her button and linking up your own What Are You Reading post.

Last week, the last Monday of the year I did not post here. I was still reading Naked in Death by J.D. Robb , which I liked incidentally and reviewed on Goodreads  HERE and trying to read Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption  by Laura Hillenbrand. I have not reviewed Unbroken yet. I am still processing the powerful story. I also snuck ( is that really a word?) in a quick read to try to reach my goal of 72 books for 2014. I read This is Wyoming Live,:Body, Spirit and History by Betty Starks Case. I reviewed it HERE on Goodreads.

This week I finished reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards and I am currently reading:

It is the January read for my F2F Book Club which will meet the 20th of this month, the day before I leave to fly to California. And I also will start:

It has been on my reading list for at least a year and I came across it at the library when we where there on Friday.

Yesterday, Sunday, my quilt group met and we selected the first of our UFO Challenges to work on for the next two months. I wrote about that challenge at the bottom of my  challenges page.

So there you have a quick recap.

Stay Busy and Stay Happy



4 comments:

  1. I loved The Silver Star AND The Friday Night Knitting Club. Hope you do, too. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you go on to read more J D Robb books, I am slowly working my through them over the last few years but only at about 14. Your quilt challenge looks really interesting and fun - a little pressure too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "In Death" series and hope you continue. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Years, and enjoy The Knitting Club. It looks like good book.

    ReplyDelete