Tuesday, January 20, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - #315



Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea hosts this Tuesday meme as a place the share the first paragraph (or a few) of the book you are currently reading or hope to start soon. Join us to get a glimpse into what some other book lovers are reading.



52 Cups of Coffee: Inspiring and Insightful Stories for Navigating Life's Uncertainties. 
Megan Gebhart
Published by IRL Press, August 2014


Introduction

"Who you are in five years depends on the people you meet and the books you read."
   I stumbled upon this quote in 2010 and it stopped me in my tracks. I was about to be a senior at Michigan State University and I could easily see how my friends and mentors had helped shape the person I had become.
    There was one person in particular who showed me the power of meeting new people. He was a student named Brett Kopf who shared an academic advisor with me and who was equally passionate about entrepreneurship. The advisor recognized how similar we were and had a hunch we would be great friends. He gave Brett my email address and suggested we meet. 

I will be reading this book this week. Would you read on?  It is definitely non-fiction  and I am good with that. I have peeked into a few of the 52 chapters and I know I am going to like this one.




Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


6 comments:

  1. I like the sound of it...inspirational books can totally engage me. Here's mine: “VICTIMS”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great intro. Now I have to know what happens next. Does Brett call her, do they become friends? I have to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting book. I completely agree about the who you meet and what you read influence. Enjoy!
    Today I'm featuring The Girl With A Clock For A Heart by Peter Swanson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the intro, especially the quote. I need to read more nonfiction this year. This sounds like it will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the intro and do like a good memoir now and then.

    ReplyDelete