Monday, January 12, 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros #215


Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea hosts this Tuesday meme as a place the share the first paragraph (or a few) of the book you are currently reading or hope to start soon. Join us to get a glimpse into what some other book lovers are reading.


Glory in Death
Nora Roberts writing as J.D. Robb
G.P. Putnam  1995

I .    
The dead were her business. She lived with them, worked with them, studied them. She dreamed of them. And because that didn't seem to be enough, in some deep, secret chamber of her heart, she mourned for them.
A decade as a cop had toughened her, given her a cold, clinical, and often cynical eye towards death and its many causes. It made scenes such as the one she viewed now, on a rainy night on a dark street nasty with litter, almost too usual. But still, she felt.  
This is the second in the "In Death " series by J.D.Robb. I did not think that I would ever read these book written by Nora Roberts as J.D, Robb, but after giving the first one a try, I decided to continue. Have you read these?  Or have you ever nixed an author or genre, just because and later had to "rethink"?



Stay Busy and Stay Happy




8 comments:

  1. I was reluctant to jump into this series, too, but after reading the first three, I am intrigued and want to read more. I need to read more of them this year.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not like the first book in the series when I read it, and pretty much wrote off the series as a result. I received a copy of the first book for Christmas this year and am actually considering re-reading it to see if I like it any better. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great introduction to a character. We're shown that she's caring but also professional. I'd like to get to know her better and find out what's happening on the night when the story opens.
    Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised when I saw she'd changed her pen name and started writing mystery/thrillers. I'll look forward to seeing what you think of it. Have a nice week. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  5. The intro really appeals to me - I would read more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this series. I am going back and listening to them on audio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the first book in this series and decided it wasn't for me. I do love everything else Nora Roberts has written, but not these. I hope they work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Nora Roberts as J.D. Robb. I need to set it as a reading goal. I trust they're good just because Nora Roberts is the author. I have, I think, the first one on my shelf. Oh, if I ever catch up, I'm going to start this series. Can't wait to hear what you think about this one. Did you read the first one?

    ReplyDelete