Thursday, January 29, 2015

Above the Bridge by Deborah Garner - Cozy Mystery #2

Above the BridgeAbove the Bridge by Deborah Garner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

New York reporter Paige Mackenzie comes to Wyoming to find a story. She is a good researcher and hopes to maybe happen on a story her readers and her editor will love. She settles on the town of Jackson Hole, and as she becomes acquainted with a few of the locals, she wonders about a bit of suspense she feels as surveys the locale. The author does a great job at the descriptions of the beauty of western Wyoming.Although it is pretty difficult to describe in words the wonders of the Grand Tetons.

I liked the character development, even though it was pretty predictable. I found the insert of the time travel to be a bit too simple, too contrived. I am not opposed to time travel, but it seemed odd here. The ending to the story is exactly how I assumed it would be. Girl falls for boy, bad guys get their due and there is an open ending for another adventure for Paige.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment