Monday, December 22, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This Monday meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  Join us by grabbing her button and linking up your own What Are You Reading post.


On my kindle, today at 30%.  The first part of this story is an easy read. Fun, informative, and character building. Now I think it is starting to get to the real meat of the story. It still is well written and informative, I hope it doesn't get too hard to read with all the detail. I really have no idea how it will go, I do know the story and I have seen the movie blurbs and they are hard to watch.


In print from the library:


I have read most of Nora Roberts books. I vowed I was not going to read her J.D. Robb books. Why? I don't know, the titles sounded dark to me. Well, that was several years ago and I have expanded my reading genres and titles. So when I saw this one on the library shelf last week, I picked it up. ( and I needed a title starting with 'N' for a challenge. "hanging head!").  Guess what? I am liking it. I like books with a strong female character and so far Detective Eve Dallas fits the bill. Even though the time is 2058, it doesn't feel too futuristic!  At any rate, I like it so far. It just goes to show you that sometimes we must drop our prejudices and give a title or an author a chance!

I should be able to read this week. All the presents are wrapped. The decorating is as done as it is going to be. The grocery list is filled with one exception. No cooking until Wednesday, we will have our celebration on Friday. Our daughter and one granddaughter are driving from Colorado on Christmas Day, I am so excited that they are able to come for the weekend.

Wishing a Happy Holiday to all!

Judy

  

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read Unbroken yet...I hear its great and I'd like to read it before I see the movie, but I don't know if that will happen. SIgh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know so many readers have loved Unbroken. I hope you love it too!

    I am so impressed that you are all ready for this week. There is still a lot to be done around here. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you love the "In Death" series as much as I do! I just brought home Festive in Death. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete