Monday, December 1, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Dec 1st




This Monday meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  Join us by grabbing her button and linking up your own What Are You Reading post.



December 1st - and counting!  Happy Birthday to my sister!!  This week is very busy, I have 4 Christmas parties to attend before next Monday. Also, I will be starting some Christmas Themed reading.
On my nightstand:



Secret wishes, sweet surprises, and gifts straight from the heart. Delight in this season's most joyous presents with these four sparkling tales. . .
"Making Spirits Bright" by Fern Michaels
Melanie McLaughlin desperately wants to adopt two orphaned siblings and give them a real home for Christmas. A just-for-the-holiday marriage to Bryce Landry fits her plan perfectly. . .until unexpected sparks have Melanie dreaming of forever by his side. . .
"Runaway Christmas" by Elizabeth Bass
A glass of wine, lounging in pajamas, and catching up on movies—that's Heidi Bogue's idea of a perfect Christmas. Until her thirteen-year-old niece makes a surprise visit—and a snowstorm turns Heidi's café into a community refuge. Now one handsome cop is giving Heidi plenty more reasons to celebrate. . .
"Home For Christmas" by Rosalind Noonan
Jo Truman needs a replacement Santa for her gift shop's Christmas Eve party. She'll do whatever it takes to convince lonely soldier Sam Norwood that he's perfect for the part...and that the season for love is always. . .
"Christmas On Cape Cod" by Nan Rossiter
Maddie Carlson would do anything for her best friend. And helping Asa Coleman babysit a rambunctious puppy Christmas Eve night is her one chance to help the troubled teacher put his past to rest. . .and give the sweetest gift of all.

And on my Kindle:
I don't think this one is particularly Christmas reading , but the cover makes me think Christmas.  And maybe it is a story of the real meaning of family. We will see. 


When Christine Blacksworth's larger-than-life father is killed on an icy road in Magdalena, New York, a hundred miles from the 'getaway' cabin he visited every month, she discovers a secret that threatens everything she's always held to be true. Her father has another family which includes a mistress and a daughter. Determined to uncover the truth behind her father's secret life, Christine heads to Magdalena, prepared to hate the people who have caused her to question everything she thought she knew about her father. But what she finds is a woman who understands her, a half sister who cherishes her, and a man who could love her if she'll let him. The longer she's around them, the more she questions which family is the real one...


That should get me in the spirit.  I started decorating a little today too. You all know that I also quilt, so I have a few quilted or fabric type decorations. This one is on the entertainment center in our living room. 
The stitchery banner is from Shabby Fabrics. It was a block of the month in 2012, the table runner is appliqued funky santa and  a snowman. I'll show a better picture later in the week. The candle is hand make by my sister.  It's a start!. 



Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




4 comments:

  1. Wow I hope you have fun at all those Christmas parties this week! Making Spirits Bright sounds like a delightful read to get you in the mood for Christmas! Thanks for sharing and hope you have a great reading week! :)

    Here’s my Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It seems like all 4 organizations I belong to, decided to do their Christmas gatherings early. That's OK, but they are all carry-in kind of affairs, so a-cooking I will go! :)

      Delete
  2. Four parties in one week? I'd be all partied out for the rest of December. I don't especially look for Christmas stories at this time of the year but I should, at least, do a little decorating at home. Come see my week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas books look like a good start. Love the homey decorations - esp that table runner. I hope you enjoy your parties and your reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete