Tuesday, December 23, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday - In Death #1




 Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea hosts this Tuesday meme as a place the share the first paragraph (or a few) of the book you are currently reading or hope to start soon. Join us to get a glimpse into what some other book lovers are reading.



Naked in Death
J.D. Robb 
Published 1995


"She woke in the dark, through the slats on the window shades, the first murky hint of dawn slipped, slanting shadowy bars over the bed. It was like waking in a cell.
 For a moment she simply lay there, shuddering , imprisoned, while the dream faded. After ten years on the force, Eve still had dreams"

I told myself that I wouldn't read J.D. Robb.  I was a Nora Roberts fan through and through. Well, times change, you widen your horizons, you join book clubs and challenges. You begin to blog and get exposed to all the different views out there. And so you decide to try it. And that is what happened. I am enjoying the writing. I am enjoying the escapism.

Have you read any of the In Death series?  Are you a fan?

Have a happy reading holiday!  See you all again before the end of 2014.



9 comments:

  1. I hadn't planned on reading the J. D. Robb books, either, but then participated in a series challenge, and stumbled upon these books in the library. I have read about three of them...and I did enjoy them. Which reminds me: time to pick up another? Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have read a handful of these -- maybe 5 or 6? I need to get back to the series. I really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mysterious lines. I have never tried Nora Roberts' before. Your post should be my reference to get her books. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read either J.D.Robb or Nora Roberts... hard to believe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book ten years ago and didn't like it at all. My Secret Santa gave me a copy for Christmas this year and I may just give it another try. I know it's a popular series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm like you. I'm familiar with Nora Roberts. I love her books. I've been promising myself to read the Robb books. Maybe this year. Glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that intro. NR has a way of drawing her readers in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not familiar with Nora Roberts but I do like that intro!

    ReplyDelete