Tuesday, December 2, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Truesday Intros -



 Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea hosts this Tuesday meme as a place the share the first paragraph (or a few) of the book you are currently reading or hope to start soon. Join us to get a glimpse into what some other book lovers are reading.





Placerville Colorado
November 2011

Melanie McLaughlin positioned her cursor in the SEND icon, double-clicked, and waited for the window telling her that her mail had bent sent to pop up. She signed off her e-mail account, then moved her mouse to exit the complicated graphics program she'd help design last year. It was her biggest job to date, and she was happy to be finished. She did want to work during the upcoming Christmas season. Fortunately, she was her own boss, so she make the rules. She just wanted to enjoy the  holidays without any professional commitments, no last-minute, all-night projects to finish. She'd worked diligently through the Thanksgiving holiday to make sure her schedule was completely  clear until after the new year.

This is a compilation of 4 "sparkling tales" of the "seasons's most joyous presents". I have read Fern Michaels before and enjoyed her storytelling. The other authors are new to me. So I am looking forward to some light, hopefully happy reading for the next couple of days. Would you continue to read this collection of stories?

It's a busy week for me. Some holiday gatherings to prep for, some presents to wrap, some cheesecakes to bake.


Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

11 comments:

  1. It's always nice to escape for a while. This sounds like fun. Have a terrific week. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds like fun...I, too, have enjoyed Fern Michaels over the years, but it's been a while. I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to read holiday themed anthologies. I've been a long time fan of Fern's books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fern Michaels is one of my sister's favorite authors. I've read a few of her books just to keep my sister happy. This one starts off nicely, so I'd keep going. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been quite a while since I've read a book by Fern Michaels, but I always enjoyed her stories. This sounds like a good collection of Christmas tales. At this busy time of year, it's nice to have some shorter stories to pick up and read.
    My Tuesday post features TRAIL MIX.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever read Ferm Michaels, but I am in the mood for Christmas books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun read for the holiday season! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd try it. Plan to try a few holiday books. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I definitely want to read this one. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never read a Christmas-themed book (but no people who devote December reading to it!). Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always read Christmas stories in December, just seems like the right thing to do. Enjoy your book. Have a nice week. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete