Monday, December 8, 2014

Busy Busy- It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I think I might be losing it!  Seriously, I wrote a post on Friday night, ready to post on Saturday morning and "poof" that  was that. I never posted it and never linked it up to Saturday Snapshots either.

Last week was a whirlwind of "goings on" as my grandma used to say. I made two cheesecakes, attended Christmas gatherings for 4 organizations that I (or we) belong to, did some laundry and some cleaning, had a date night with DH and some friends. Also attended another local craft show and watched 2 movies ( DH finally signed us up for Netflix) and managed to read a little.

So that being said, you will understand that I am still reading Making Spirits Bright. Fern Michaels contribution, Making Spirits Bright was very fun. It is set in Colorado and tells the story of young entrepreneur Melanie McLaughlin and the fact that she is beginning to hear her biological clock ticking. As she explores the option of adoption, she makes two discoveries. One, the agency she chose is not what she envisioned and and she was sort of forced into spending some time with Bryce, her friend's younger brother. They meet on the ski slope for a friendly afternoon on the slopes and you can guess the rest.
The second story, Runaway Christmas by Elizabeth Bass, is a story about 13 year old Erica, who lives in Texas with her father, step-mother and new baby step-sister. Erica decides she would much rather spend Christmas with her Aunt Heidi in New York City than with her father and his family in Texas. So when the opportunity arrives, she makes a decision to fly by herself to NYC, without calling her aunt. But it ends well, so don't worry.
 I am just about finished with Home for Christmas by Rosalind Noonan. It is my favorite so far. Jo Truman, single mom of 5 yo Ava, and her cousin Molly run a Christmas Shop in the town she grew up in. She is happy  and thankful for all the blessing of having her family close by. Cousins Christmas Shop is doing very well and she is making piece with her past. Enter, high school friend and best friend of her daughter's father, back from Afghanistan.  Sam was injured in an explosion of an IED and won't let her see his face, but there is definitely electricity when they are in the same room. There are 40 more pages to see where this goes. Do you have any guesses?
 I have the last of the collection, Christmas on Cape Cod by Nan Rossiter to read. I'll let you know about that one.



So until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


My newest Amaryllis, blooming its heart out. I am Happy!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been very busy. I haven't read any Christmas books yet this year. Here is my week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be into lots of Christmas reads. Fern Michaels usually writes a good story.Amaryllis are gorgeous arent' they when flowering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a busy time of year. I read lots and lots because I gave up tv in 2003. Tv is definitely a major time suck!

    ReplyDelete