Wednesday, December 24, 2014

2014 Christmas Projects Link up at Quiltville for Christmas Eve




Bonnie Hunter invited everyone to join a Linky Party on Christmas Eve with pictures of Holiday projects new or old. They can be Christmas, Hanuka, Kwanzaa or just seasonal. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's creations.
So here are mine. All done this year  2014:
 This was part of a BOM Stitchery from Shabby Fabrics. There were 12 similar, all themed for the month all the same size. I have been working on them for 2 years. Finally December is done. The only one left to finish is January.

 This is a pattern called Roobois. It is made from charms squares. I put it together at a retreat in early November. Since then, I have added a cream 2" border, to break up the busyiness, and the pieced 1.5 inch strips piano key border. I'll bind it in solid red. It is ready for me to quilt, but I haven't gotten it done yet.

 This is a pattern called Five and Dime. It is made from a layer cake and charm squares. This needs the two borders, but it won't get them before Christmas. I put this one together at the retreat in November too.


This little funky tree is a pattern from Patchabilites. I just had the pattern, so I used scraps from my stash.  I have a whole lot of these. They are all very similar in size and so I change out the little banner with each season. They fit perfectly in the small narrow space between the coat closet and the stairway to the basement.


Merry Christmas from my sewing space to yours!  Happy Holidays.


1 comment: