Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saturday Snapshots Baby It's Cold Outside!



Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads hosts this fun weekly meme. Its a place to show us a picture or two of places you've been, or people you seen, you get the idea. There are a few easy rules. Link up with Melinda, read the rules and join us.



Its been really cold this week. Last Sunday it was 68 and sunny, Monday it was -5. Wow, huge adjustment. We don't have a fireplace, or a gas stove,or pellet stove.  This is as good as it gets.  A candle burning on top of our entertainment center with my November stitchery. If you can't read it, it says Give Thanks. Between the candle and the stitchery is a small Christmas cactus that I repotted after the cat broke a piece off my large cactus. It is doing well, no blooms yet. Maybe this year. 

Hope you all are staying warm and dry and happy in your corner of the world. 


Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! I have a great fondness for quilts, both for warmth and decoration. Once I lived in a townhouse with a loft and hung quilts over the railing.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any hanging on our stair rail, I seem to gift away all the large ones!

      Delete
  2. That's a beautiful mini-quilt. The embroidery is lovely, and your piecing is perfection. With our weather getting cooler, my urge to quilt has resurfaced. Now I'm in the process of deciding what pattern to try next. Your photo is an inspiration!
    Here are my Saturday Snapshots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a block of the month, so I have a similar one, with different stitching for each month. Maybe I'll try to remember to share them one Saturday each month in the future.

      Delete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful - it must have taken you so long to do. My Snapshot is at http://chriscross53.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/poppis-at-tower.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The stitchery took the longest time. But I have 11 finished, one for each month and am working on the one for January. I'll try to remember to snap a pic of it when it is finished.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I wish I'd had my mom teach me to quilt :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, you change the quilt each month! Well done. And your weather is more crazy than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, lovely. and perfect for snuggling in the cold.

    ReplyDelete