Monday, November 10, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Kingsolver & Monk Kidd


It's Monday!  What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. She provides us a place to share the books we are reading or hope to start soon. Join us .... it will definitely add to the list of books you want to read!


This week I will start Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. My Face to Face book club read Animal Dreams earlier this year. I really enjoyed it and one of the members stated that Kingsolver is one of her favorite authors. So when I ran across this one the other day, as I was browsing the library shelves, I decided to check it out.


Today I picked up Traveling With Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kidd and her daughter Ann Kidd Taylor. I need another non-fiction book for a challenge I am doing and also need a book with a food in the title. I really enjoyed The Secret Life of Bees and The Invention of Wings., so I think it is a win/win for me. 



This week it is supposed to get really cold in our area. Good weather to stay indoors and read. However, I am attending a quilting retreat, the 17th  through the 19th, so I need to prep my projects for that time. Since I don't cut well with others ( smile) I will cut my fabric before I go. I will work on two Christmas quilts. One is in progress and the other is a new project that has been on deck for a bit. It is a small tabletop or wall hanging size. So it should be fun. 




Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the look of Traveling with Pomegranates. Enjoy! And thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are expecting to drop 20 degrees this week to and maybe even get a few snowflakes. I loved The Poisonwood Bible

    ReplyDelete